About Me

My photo
Singapore, Singapore
An adventurous person who loves to travel on my own. Have a strong pain threshold, can withstand any pain so long as the treatment is for beautifying myself :D obsessed with anything that can make a person more beautiful. Started buying,do research, personal testing on all brands of skincare/ cosmetic products thats sold in local malls/pharmacies in whatever country that I flew to (since 1991 during my cabin crew days) Have also extensively tried most of the aesthetic treatments offered by beauty salons and beauty clinics. Additionally, I am a Certified Professional Aesthetician and is also trained in Fashion & Bridal Makeup! Has previously worked in various industries from Airline, Owner of KTV Pub,Media, Landbanking to Consultant in Medical Spas assisting doctors with medical aesthetic procedures.. Beauty is in my blood! Hope to utilise my beauty experience & knowledge to help other likeminded ladies to solve their beauty problems & make them look and feel beautiful too :)
Welcome To My Blog!

Friday, May 14, 2010

Botox? What Can Botox jab do for my face?

I had my first botox jab about 8years ago in Bangkok at a renowned Aesthetic Clinic. Let me share with you the difference between fillers and botox and which to use for what purpose.


Botox was initially used to treat spasms in patients. Meaning those with a problem with controlling their muscle movements. Botox can help to 'relax' the muscles. Take for example..as we constantly frown and have big expressions on our face, over a period of time, we will start to have visible frown lines that make us look fierce, older and perhaps a troubled look. In this instance, I use botox to 'relax' the muscles on my forehead. The botox jab will not have immediate effect right after the injection. It takes between 5days to 2weeks to see the results. For me, I can usually see the result by the next day, possibly because Ive had botox jab too many times, it can also be due to the fact that my body absorbs and react to exterior application faster.U wont be able to frown (no matter how hard u try to)However, over injecting the muscles can cause side effects like a frozen, expressionless face (look at some of the Hollywood artistes, their face looks frozen and their forehead looks so fakely flat with no lines, for their age)

I always believe in balance. Do it to accentuate your features or maintain your looks , not completely change or alter what mother nature gives you. Do not overdo it or u will look way worse than before.

Botox has many other usage too! For those with sweaty smelly armpit, botox can be injected into your sweat glands to treat the problem.

In the entertainment industry, there are also many artistes who had botox injected on their calves to attain slimmer calves.

For those with square-ish/musculine jaw, botox can be injected on the jaw area . Results are- you get a visibly slimmer and more contoured face, really!! :)



injecting botox on your jaw area can also help to stop night grinding. If you are one who grinds at nite when sleeping, this treatment will stop your grinding and save your poor teeth from receding :D besides giving you a slimmer and more contoured face

Yes injecting botox on the jaw area can be quite painful but I am willing to endure any pain so long it makes me feel and look more beautiful :D

The setback of botox is that its very costly and it only last about 3 -5 months. After that, your injected area will return to its formal state over time. Of coz it doesnt occur just overnight, like some gals think! .

Will talk about fillers next.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers