About Me

My photo
Singapore, Singapore
An adventurous person who loves to travel on my own. Have a strong pain threshold, can withstand any pain so long as the treatment is for beautifying myself :D obsessed with anything that can make a person more beautiful. Started buying,do research, personal testing on all brands of skincare/ cosmetic products thats sold in local malls/pharmacies in whatever country that I flew to (since 1991 during my cabin crew days) Have also extensively tried most of the aesthetic treatments offered by beauty salons and beauty clinics. Additionally, I am a Certified Professional Aesthetician and is also trained in Fashion & Bridal Makeup! Has previously worked in various industries from Airline, Owner of KTV Pub,Media, Landbanking to Consultant in Medical Spas assisting doctors with medical aesthetic procedures.. Beauty is in my blood! Hope to utilise my beauty experience & knowledge to help other likeminded ladies to solve their beauty problems & make them look and feel beautiful too :)
Welcome To My Blog!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Darkened Lips/ Nipples Part 2

Darkened Lips/ Nipples Part 2
How to treat darkened/ dry/ chapped lips??

Our lip color gets darker as we age. Worse If we smoke, it will not only darken but will also develop many fine lines & wrinkles around the lip area making you look older than you are.

We woman bother to use expensive cream on our face but habitually, we tend to neglect our lips.
Our lips are subjected to daily harsh direct harmful UV rays and pollution.
Thus majority of the ladies have dry chapped lips.

Just Imagine a woman with a beautiful flawless complexion but her lips are dark, dry and wrinkled, thats not pretty right?

ALways remember that every part of our face and body needs equally much attention and care like our face do.
Ive tried at least 30 brands of lip treatment balms/ gloss available in the market over the years. So far, all these balms only give temporary relief to moisturise the lips. They are mainly made of lanolin wax that leaves your lips with a waxy or sticky/ oily feeling for a short while and needs constant application.

None of them can lighten nor smoothen my lips. Of course, always remember that Beauty needs constant maintenance. There is no treatment ever that is Once and For All.

Even after youve achieved your desired result, it doesnt mean you can stop right there, you will still need constant care and maintenance.

The theory is simple, you brush your teeth daily. This morning its clean after you brushed it. It doesnt mean you dont have to brush it anymore the next day and the following day to maintain the cleanliness!

There are a few lip pink gloss treatments available in the market. What it does is simply to give u a temporary pink coloring just like a color lipstick does. It does not help to rectify your darkened lips.

Its not easy to lighten our lip color just by simple external application. Do understand that our lips will develop dead skin cell layers just like our face and any part of our body, therefore it needs regular exfoliation to regenerate new skin cell tissues.

In order to renew our skin cells, we will need some stronger AHA acid content.

Therefore, I used my Nipple Pink Cream, which has multiple fruit acids and even glycolic acid (strongest AHA) in it to apply on my lips. I left it alone( without touching/eating) for at least 45mins and wipe off with water there after.

By the 3rd day, my lips started to peel. Just leave it to peel on its own, never force peel it or you will injure the tissues and further aggravate your lip condition. After the peeling stops, I can see that my lip is a shade lighter in color and smoother.

From there, I apply DL Herbal Lip Whitener twice daily (morning and bedtime). Of course, you can apply the lip treatment as frequently as u like or even completely replace it as your regular lip balm/gloss.

I got this Lip whitener overseas while sourcing for other beauty products. I love this lip whitener as it comes in a form of a lipstick for convenient application. It doesnt leave any waxy/ sticky oily feel when applied.

Whats more I can physically see and feel the difference it does to my lips.

My lips now are a healthy natural pink (thanks to its natural colorant from Cherry essence) and it feels smooth and soft to touch :)

Hmm...Now I can proudly say that Ive soft, smooth, kissable lips!! :D

PS**
DL Herbal Lip Whitener can be found at "My Beauty Clozet" on my home page above. Alternatively, you can contact me at www.beautyclozet@gmail.com to purchase it directly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers