About Me

My photo
Singapore, Singapore
An adventurous person who loves to travel on my own. Have a strong pain threshold, can withstand any pain so long as the treatment is for beautifying myself :D obsessed with anything that can make a person more beautiful. Started buying,do research, personal testing on all brands of skincare/ cosmetic products thats sold in local malls/pharmacies in whatever country that I flew to (since 1991 during my cabin crew days) Have also extensively tried most of the aesthetic treatments offered by beauty salons and beauty clinics. Additionally, I am a Certified Professional Aesthetician and is also trained in Fashion & Bridal Makeup! Has previously worked in various industries from Airline, Owner of KTV Pub,Media, Landbanking to Consultant in Medical Spas assisting doctors with medical aesthetic procedures.. Beauty is in my blood! Hope to utilise my beauty experience & knowledge to help other likeminded ladies to solve their beauty problems & make them look and feel beautiful too :)
Welcome To My Blog!

Friday, May 14, 2010

Fillers? What Can fillers do?

Ive mentioned about the usage of botox on my previous post. Now will talk about fillers.


There are different types of fillers available in the aesthetic industry for. These fillers also has varying 'lifespan' (the time it gets dissolved by our body). Fillers can be made of HA (hyaluronic acid), hydrogel, collagen protein either derived from fowls, pigs or man made.

HA is the most natural occuring substance in our body, so there wont be any side effect or allergies when injected into our body. However, it dissolves fast and can only last about 4 to 6mths. HA fillers are commonly used on the face to plump up our cheek and forehead area. HA fillers can also be used to enlarge our breast. However, so far results are not that satisfactory, mainly because its highly expensive to use HA fillers for breast enlargement which requires a big amount, secondly it does not last long. It can easily set u at over S$15k just for such breast enhancement with HA!!

HA fillers are great for facial augmentation because its more liquified and its natural, u wont worry about having uneven lumps on your injected area (which other types of fillers might)

Look at those Beauty Korean Actresses, dont you always envy and love their beautiful lips and facial contours ??:) Those lips esp are enhanced with fillers. My Korean Mk Up Instructress told me that in Korea, in every 10 girls, about 9 has had some kind of plastic surgery!!

If uve a flat chin, and wish to have a more prominent one, fillers can be used to help u achieve that. How Angelina Jolie's sexy plump lips?? Doctors can inject fillers to plump your lips too. However, do not overdo it or you will end up looking like uve 2 pieces of small sausages on your mouth :D

Lastly, do be reminded that never inject Botox and fillers into the same area. I learnt it the hard way on my face :(

Doctor did not tell nor ask me about this. I first had botox injected under and around my eye area to relax the muscles and alleviate that tired eye look. A month later, I asked another doctor to inject fillers just right under my lower eyelid area as it kind of sunken a bit due to aging n loss of collagen level. The next day after the filler injetion, i notice a very visible mosquito like pinkish bump exactly at the injected area. I can feel a hard lump beneath it. It gets harder each day.

Even after several attempts to inject solution to dissolve the lump, its still there stubbornly.

Now if you give a close look at my face, u may think i got a mosquito bite just under my right eye, my right undereye area is also slightly more puffy than the left one :) Its almost 9months after the injection and this lump can still be felt. Doctor will simply use their usual "Ive done on 100 patients none of them has the same post effect like u!" or "I am quite sure its nothing to do with injection of botox and fillers, u may like to consult a eye surgeon?"

Every human is always fast to gain credit but once something goes wrong, its never anything to do with them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers