About Me

My photo
Singapore, Singapore
An adventurous person who loves to travel on my own. Have a strong pain threshold, can withstand any pain so long as the treatment is for beautifying myself :D obsessed with anything that can make a person more beautiful. Started buying,do research, personal testing on all brands of skincare/ cosmetic products thats sold in local malls/pharmacies in whatever country that I flew to (since 1991 during my cabin crew days) Have also extensively tried most of the aesthetic treatments offered by beauty salons and beauty clinics. Additionally, I am a Certified Professional Aesthetician and is also trained in Fashion & Bridal Makeup! Has previously worked in various industries from Airline, Owner of KTV Pub,Media, Landbanking to Consultant in Medical Spas assisting doctors with medical aesthetic procedures.. Beauty is in my blood! Hope to utilise my beauty experience & knowledge to help other likeminded ladies to solve their beauty problems & make them look and feel beautiful too :)
Welcome To My Blog!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

iPage.com is a Swindler web hosting co. Dont fall into their trap!

I am the latest victim to fall for iPAGE's professional and seemungly trustworthy intro website. I signed up with iPAGE after reading that theyve '30 Days moneyback guarantee, and if cancel within 30 days full refund given'
Being a IT idiot and a newbie in ecommerce, I am trying to build an ecommerce website using iPage supposedly EASY To USE website builder tool which is included in my web hosting a/c.
I followed their online sign up procedure to sign up for their monthly hosting fee of US$3.50, however iPAGE only charge either yearly or 24months..when i click on their 12months hosting other add on services are auto add onto my shopping cart as well...

After paying with my credit card on 29 Mar 2010, I spent the next 10 hrs trying to figure out how to use their website builder tool. But I simply could not understand at all..when i contacted their helpline, all they tell me is that they only help with technical issues if i need help on website design issues etc they will refer me to thier PRO at a 'good price'!!
If i need a web designer, why would i sign up with a US Co?? I wouldve hired a local web co directly to do all for me. Disappointed I decided to cancel my a/c with them the next day..When I contacted the billing dept thru chatline, I was told that there will only be a non refundable US$15 as charges to register my domain name. And I can still get to keep this domain name for myself. Other fees will be refunded....

However my latest creditcard statement shows that iPAGE charges me US$126.76 only refunded me US$27 on 31Mar.
When I contact their billling dept this time round their tone changed, they insist they only refund hosting fees, add on services are not refundable...weird..then what is their 100% refund if cancelled within 30days for??
And how am i supposed to use iPAGE's add on services for the 12months period (which I was charged for) when my a/c is cancelled??

I hope to share my plight here to warn other netizens to be wary of this cheating web hosting co..They are dishonest and untrustworthy...
They refused to entertain me and keep stressing.."Didnt u read under our terms & conditons"...

I 'm wondering where in the hell is their "terms & conditions"? They are not stated at all at their Home Page...

To boss of iPage, You wont go very far with your kind of cheating tactic. You may get unearned undeserved cash fast from unknowing victims like me, but all these $$ wont get u any far....

What kind of karma you sow, you will reap it 10 mores....

1 comment:

  1. Latest Update!!

    Just received an email from iPAGE stating that "Out Of Goodwill" theyve refunded me US$84.79 back into my credit card a/c on 5 May 2010 hooray....Praise The Lord!!

    I believe God mustve answered my prayers and knew how indignant I felt about this unpleasant encounter with iPAGE :)

    I can only be sure that iPAGE did refund me as claimed only when I see the figures credited back to my credit card when I receive my next statement bill...

    For now, I am relieved....

    ReplyDelete

Followers