About Me

My photo
Singapore, Singapore
An adventurous person who loves to travel on my own. Have a strong pain threshold, can withstand any pain so long as the treatment is for beautifying myself :D obsessed with anything that can make a person more beautiful. Started buying,do research, personal testing on all brands of skincare/ cosmetic products thats sold in local malls/pharmacies in whatever country that I flew to (since 1991 during my cabin crew days) Have also extensively tried most of the aesthetic treatments offered by beauty salons and beauty clinics. Additionally, I am a Certified Professional Aesthetician and is also trained in Fashion & Bridal Makeup! Has previously worked in various industries from Airline, Owner of KTV Pub,Media, Landbanking to Consultant in Medical Spas assisting doctors with medical aesthetic procedures.. Beauty is in my blood! Hope to utilise my beauty experience & knowledge to help other likeminded ladies to solve their beauty problems & make them look and feel beautiful too :)
Welcome To My Blog!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Darkened Armpits! How IPL & Whitening cream can help u

My armpits started to have unsightly brown patches a year after I started plucking my armpit hair. I used to shave it but began plucking instead, as I get a thrill from the plucking ;p


I avoid wearing sleeveless tops lest it reveals my ugly armpits.
I began taking drastic actions when my ex remarked that my armpits looked 'horrible and yucks..!" Yes those remarks hurt me but thanks to him, Ive completely removed those darkened patches (since 2002)and regained not only my former nice fair armpits but more importantly my confidence ;)

Initially I went crazy browsing all over pharmacies to grab hold of any armpit whitening cream...However, none worked. ..

One day, I chanced upon a beauty salon around my neighbourhood, offering a trial session of armpit hair removal @ a special price of just $38. Out of curiosity, I went for the session..
To my amazement, after a week, I noticed that not only my armpit hair follicle seem thinner, my armpit's darkened marks also lightened ...




I began to browse and read on whats all about this amazing IPL (Intense Pulse Light) machine.
IPL targets dark pigments on our skin. It can be used on face and all parts of the body for skin rejuvenation and hair removal.

Since our hair follicle is dark/black in color (compare to our skin color), when the light touches our skin, it hits directly on the dark pigments and lightens them, resulting in our hair follicle becoming thinner and thinner.


The theory applies the same to our darkened armpits. As the patches on our armpit is darker than our surrounding area of the armpits, IPL is able to target the marks directly thus lightening it.

Besides that, as IPL reaches deeper into our dermis and works inside out, it renews & removed the dead horny layer on our skin thus the skin is then able to absorb all the exterior cream/ lotion (completely) that we pile on...



No wonder no cream even the ones that cost me over $150  has no effect on my darkened armpits before :D

After understanding how IPL works, I went ahead to have IPL treatments on my entire face. Only the 1st 3 sessions of my entire 8 x IPL sessions package worked. The 1st session will always give u the best results. Reason being:

a) The skin is triggered by an external 'thing' and reacts strongly to it..
b) For the 1st time, the therapist/consultant will always try to show u the best result
    to entice u to sign up a package, thus the machine mode is usually set on the
    stronger side.
c) Once the skin is 'used' to the external trigger, it produce an 'immunity' towards it,
    thats where u will notice  that it no longer produces results..
    Its pretty similar to using antibiotics to treat a cold. If u use antibiotics constantly,
    u will observe that the antibiotics is no longer effective to treat the same
    infection.


Ive stopped using IPL completely for the past 3yrs..Been relying on whitening cream to maintain my nice fair armpits :)

Been constantly changing whitening creams as i cant find one that I am completely happy with...

Only early this year, I chanced upon Bodimate whitening cream while holidaying overseas. I found it has stronger whitening effects than any of my past whitening cream, thus bought some tubes in to share with ladies who are facing the same darkened skin problems.


Bodimate can also be used on darkened elbows, knees and groin area.

Howver do bear in mind what i mentioned earlier. Since those darkened areas are caused by longterm constant 'frictions, abrasions etc', the top layer has turned into a thickened dead skin thus its darkened .


So we will need to remove this top dead layer of the skin before any external cream can be absorbed.


Ive 2 suggestions for u to do that:
 - Go for 1 session of IPL esp for the armpits. As for other darkened areas, I
    suggest u to go  for a chemical  peel session at the clinic. However Chemical
    peel is rather costly.

 - Alternatively, u can try my "self invented", cheap but more time consuming method
   on  your own! After bathing or on cleansed skin, cut a thin wedge of fresh lemon
   and apply on  the darkened area in a circular motion gently a few times. Leave the
   treated area to dry  and leave it on til the next day (for maximum result) 


    Its normal to feel a stinging sensation after applying lemon on the skin (due to the
    citric  acid from lemon)
   
 If u find it too sensitive for your skin and uncomfortable to endure for too long, then
 wipe it off with a wet cotton wool after 10mins.

Repeat this every 2 days for the 1st wk, start  applying Bodimate 2 x daily from the 2nd week onwards....

U should see satisfactory results within a month :)

Do continue to apply the cream regularly thereafter, dont forget
Bodimate is not just for whitening, it has anti inflammatory,
deodorising & softening properties for your skin ...






  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers