About Me

My photo
Singapore, Singapore
An adventurous person who loves to travel on my own. Have a strong pain threshold, can withstand any pain so long as the treatment is for beautifying myself :D obsessed with anything that can make a person more beautiful. Started buying,do research, personal testing on all brands of skincare/ cosmetic products thats sold in local malls/pharmacies in whatever country that I flew to (since 1991 during my cabin crew days) Have also extensively tried most of the aesthetic treatments offered by beauty salons and beauty clinics. Additionally, I am a Certified Professional Aesthetician and is also trained in Fashion & Bridal Makeup! Has previously worked in various industries from Airline, Owner of KTV Pub,Media, Landbanking to Consultant in Medical Spas assisting doctors with medical aesthetic procedures.. Beauty is in my blood! Hope to utilise my beauty experience & knowledge to help other likeminded ladies to solve their beauty problems & make them look and feel beautiful too :)
Welcome To My Blog!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Chemical Peel! What does Chemical Peel do for you?

Chemical Peel? What does it do for you?


Chemical Peel (CP) is derived mainly from Alphahydroxy acid (AHA). Glycolic acid is the strongest amongst all.

As the word Peel tells you, CP is done to regenerate skin tissues for cell renewal, giving you new,clearer and smoother skin.

It can be done on your face and some parts of your body (eg. pimpled back, darkened marks on hands, legs etc)

Ive done CP on my face a few times. There are different strengths ranging from 20%, 35%, 50% and 70%.

Usually Doctors will start off with 20% and slowly proceed to 35%. I personally feel that the 20% acid is too weak(it has not much results on my face) and a waste of $.

However, its always safest to begin with the lowest acid content so you will be mentally prepared what to expect. If your face reacts badly even to the 20% CP, it would mean that youve very sensitive skin and may not be suitable to continue with this treatment.

How Chemical Peel is done? What to observe for post treatment care?

Nowadays, Chemical Peel comes in a convenient form of a wet tissue pack. The doctor/ nurse will sweep the CP dipped tissue onto your face from your T Zone onwards followed by the cheeks and lastly the more fragile area around the eye and lips.

The CP is left on your face for 3-5mins depending on your skin condition.
Ive personally tried (on my own) leaving the Cp (50%) on my face for 30mins :D

Results? My face was kind of burned with some small blisters. It stings with a burning sensation when i washed my face or when applying aloe vera gel on it especially the first 3days. My face also feels tight and a little dry. On the 4-5th day, it starts to peel a little here and there.

However, I feel that after my face recovers from those fierce blisters and down time, it became so clear, smooth and glowing with radiance.

The only sacrifice that one needs to be mentally prepare for is to have an reddish/ burned mark face for the next 1week. But for me, I'm willing and have no problem with that!

But then please dont be as daring and crazy as me! Ive been subjecting my face/ skin to numerous product testings therefore I know how to treat and what to prepare for the outcome (just in case).
For beginners and those who have no knowlege nor beauty training, never do Chemical Peel on your own.

After the face is subjected to CP. The skin tissue beneath is renewing and the outer layer of your face is at its most fragile/ raw stage. To attain optimum results for facial skin renewal, you can combine Chemical Peel + LED light. LED light is a red light that can reach the deeper layer of your skin. It helps to accelerate facial rejuvenate, stimulate new cells and collagen growth. This combined treatment can easily deliver satisfactory visible results after 1 session as compare to doing 10 sessions of facials.***

 Its very important that u apply a sunblock of minimum SPF50++ for the next 1month before you head out during the day, or your face will be very prone to dark pigmentation cause by harmful UV rays.

In addition, do not apply other skin renewal cream or facial cream with contents of Vitamin A or other AHA products.  As this may cause severe skin irritation and skin sensitivity..

***Only few aesthetic clinics here provide Chemical Peel + LED light (combined ). If you
     are keen  to go for this treatment,  I can help arrange for u. Per session only cost a
     mere $150.
     Email me at beautyangel.1@hotmail.com to enquire***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers